Saalach Power Plant

The hydroelectric power plant Saalach in Bad Reichenhall was put into operation in 1914. The wastewater comes through a structure consisting of five pipes each 2.5 meters in diameter and turbines 620 meters long. The power plant supplies a power for the residential buildings of Bad Reichenhall, as well as a nearby railway. The main building of the power plant is today a protected cultural monument of Bavaria.

The main building is a two-storey building with a tent roof made of red bricks. The facade of the building is divided into four sectors by columns, each with four double rectangular windows. Under the hipped roof is a semicircular arch with square windows and the coat of arms of the city. The building stands directly on the working structure of the station.