Castle ruins Glanegg

Castle ruins Glanegg is an impregnable fortress on a hill, visible from afar, in the middle of the sunny Glantales. The castle is a combination of different architectural elements and styles, in particular of the Romanesque style and the Renaissance. For tourists, of course, the main building of the castle, the Romanesque tower, is of particular interest.

The first mention of the castle dates back to 1121. Its first owner was Henry III. Then the castle was built by nephew Henry III. - Bernhard Graf Spanheim - inherited. He bequeathed the possession of his nephew Duke Otkatar II.

The old building is surrounded by lush vineyards and fossil remains of tree trunks. For tourists, the entrance is open on well-defined days, so it is impossible to visit the castle spontaneously.